Preparation of ActiveLife skin Barrier
- Measure the stoma size with the measuring guide provided. Trace the exact stoma size onto the center white release paper of the skin barrier. The small starter hole should be in the center of your tracing.
- Important: Before cutting, separate the front and back panels to avoid cutting through the pouch. Make sure that the inner surfaces of the pouch are separated and that the pouch contains a small amount of air.
- Cut along the tracing with curved, short blade scissors.
- Cut the center hole the same size as the stoma, using the guidelines on the release paper. Do not cut beyond the last line.
- Remove the white release paper from the skin barrier. Leave the outer release paper on the tape collar in place.
- Press firmly on the center of the clip until it snaps securely closed.
- A caulking material, such as Stomahesive Paste, can be applied to the back of the skin barrier to further fill gaps between the wafer and the stoma. Allow the paste to sit for one minute prior to application to the skin. (Do not spread the paste.)
- For attachment of the tail clip, fold the bottom of the pouch over the tail clip only once.
Application of ConvaTec Skin Barrier
- Place the ConvaTec Active life One-Piece Pouching System gently in position over the stoma. Press the skin barrier against the skin, paying particular attention to the area closest to the stoma.
- During application, maintain gentle pressure on the skin barrier for 30 seconds to improve adhesion.
- After the skin barrier is in place, remove one side of the release paper on the tape collar and smooth it onto the skin, working from the center out to the edges.
- Repeat with the other side, making sure the tape of the ostomy bag is smooth and wrinkle-free.
Removing of Stomahesive Skin Barrier with ConvaTec
- Gently pull the skin barrier down, away from the skin while supporting the adjacent skin with your other hand.
A lightweight, flexible, one-piece system, ActiveLife® combines the skin barrier and the pouch into one simple, easy-to-manage system. The pouch allows for draining. These pouches include barriers with stomas that can be cut to fit 0.75 to 2.5 inches (19 - 64 mm). Pouches are 12 inches in length. Pouches are available in transparent or opaque form.
- Pouch Length: 12 Inch
- Stoma Opening Size Range: 0.75 to 2.5 inches (19 - 64 mm)
- Pieces: One Piece
Barrier StyleFlat, Trim to Fit
Barrier TypeStomahesive Standard Wear
Length12 Inch Length
Stoma Opening Size3/4 to 2-1/2 Inch Stoma
Storage RequirementsUSP Controlled Room Temperature
System TypeOne-Piece System